Sam and I started dating in 1994 so this is his 15th birthday that we've celebrated together. If Sam had it his way, we wouldn't celebrate his birthday at all. I think he started feeling this way about a decade ago, but I simply can't honor that request.
We actually don't have any big plans for today. He knew I wasn't going to let his birthday totally slide so his only request was that we postpone it until Saturday. He plays poker once a month and really looks forward to this Friday evening out with the guys. Since Zachary had surgery yesterday and I wasn't sure he'd be feeling well enough to celebrate, I happily agreed to postpone. The guys were apparently shocked that I honored this request.
So birthday pictures will follow tomorrow. Meanwhile I thought I'd post a few pictures of him from our recent Disney trip.
Zachary is doing awesome! You truly wouldn't know that he was under general anesthesia yesterday and he seems to be very comfortable. He must have gotten some good rest. Kids are so resilient.


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Sam! That Zach is such a trooper!
Happy Birthday Uncle Sam ! This is from Justin. He really misses you guys. Hopefully we can plan getting you all together soon. What kind of surgery did Zach have ? We wish him a speedy recovery !
Take care-Robin
Post a Comment